Senior International Coach Leo Totten is coming to Murder of Crows Barbell to discuss strategies for tackling the mental hurdles that are inherent to weightlifting AND to share his successful methods for winning in your next competition.
Making athletes strong and powerful is part of training, but often overlooked is how to perform in a competition setting under the watchful eyes of strict judges in front of crowds and under intense lights. Performing under stressful conditions is the nature of the sport. To do it well mental training and having a plan for competition is required.
Leo Totten is the head coach for East Coast Gold. His club has found the successful formula that has produced 15 male and female National Team Champions, plus brought home the Gold at numerous American Open, Junior, Youth and Master National Team Events. With Coach Totten's strategy for success, he has taken East Coast Gold and his lifters from local to National to International competitions.
This seminar covers the strategies and approaches that have led to those successes.
INCLUDED: Free copy of ebook “Contest Preparation”
Mental Training approximately 3 hours
- Why “Mental Training”?
- Concentration and Focus: Theory and Practical Application
- Breathing and Relaxation: Theory and Practical Application
- Visualization: Theory and Practical Application
- Goal Setting
- Self Talk
- Using the Mental Training Techniques in Training
Contest Preparation approximately 3 hours
- Pre-Contest readiness
- Competition day
- Choosing the right attempts
- Timing warmups
- Reading attempt cards and scoreboard
- More hints to better handle the pressure
- Using the mental training techniques in competition
- Practice in competition setting