Join us for our first USA Powerlifting competition hosted by Murder of Crows Barbell! Sanction #: NY-2017-08
Coach Kaleb and Coach Sean will be running a 1 hour nutrition seminar covering basic information re: fueling your body properly as a strength athlete. The seminar will be Saturday, February 4th, at 4PM. Free for Murder of Crows / Crow Hill CrossFit athletes, $10 for everyone else! We'll be starting promptly at 4PM at 919 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238. See you all there!
Norik Vardanian and Jenny Arthur are coming to Murder of Crows Barbell!
We are very excited to announce that Norik Vardanian and Jenny Arthur are coming to Murder of Crows Barbell on Sunday, October 2nd, 2016. (Couldn't say before that Jenny Arthur was coming because of the Olympics.)
Jenny Arthur is just getting back from placing 6th at the Olympics and breaking an American Record with a 107kg Snatch! She already holds the record in the clean and jerk. She has lifted at four World Championships and placed 7th in 2015. She placed 2nd in the 2013 Junior World Championships and placed 1st in the Pan American Junior Championships the same year. She is a three time National Champion and an American Open Champion.
Norik Vardanian recently broke the American Record in the snatch at 172kg as a 94kg lifter (and briefly held the record in the total). Last year he won Silver at the 2015 Pan American Games and represented Armenia in the 2012 Summer Olympics. Norik is one of the most technically proficient lifters in the world, and we are extremely excited to welcome him the Murder of Crows Barbell.
Please come prepared with questions. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- 30 Minutes: Introduction
- 90 Minutes: Snatch and Accessory Exercises
- 30 Minutes: Break and Demonstration
- 90 Minutes: Clean and Jerk and Accessory Exercises
- 30 Minutes: Q&A
Come learn from one of the best in USA Weightlifting. Coach Leo Totten is a a Senior International Coach (USAW Level 5), who has been on two Olympic teams, three Pan-American Teams, and five World Championship Teams. He won the USA Weightlifting Coaching Excellence Award in 2005, and is head coach of East Coast Gold Weightlifting Club, the largest and most successful weightlifting clubs in the country.
-90% practical application of principles / 10% lecture
– Pre-clinic information on material to be covered
– Videotaping and analyzing during course
– Post-clinic video analysis available
- Clean/Snatch/Jerk technique training
- Clean/Snatch/Jerk assistance exercises
- Basic biomechanics
- Safety recommendations
- Dealing with flexibility issues
- Accommodations for Tall/Large athletes
- Program design
- Sport Specific Program design
- Long term athletic development
PRE-REQUISITES: one or more of the following:
- CSCS (NSCA)
- SCC (CSCCa)
- USAW Level 1
- Crossfit Olympic lift course
- Exercise Science degree or junior/senior in such program with instructor approval
- Competitive athlete or coach with instructor approval
Developed by: Leo Totten, M.S., CAA
Presented by: Totten Training Systems, LLC